Wednesday, March 3, 2010

IN LIKE A LION....

Well my friends and family,

March has FINALLY arrived!! The promise that yes indeed, Spring is on it's way! We've made it through the long grueling months of January and February (here in snowy PA) and we're on the uphill swing to SUMMER!! Yeah!! As you can tell this is my most favorite season!

But you know, Spring is probably a close second that. It is during this time of year that things begin to awake from their winter slumber and "rise" to greet the warm weather! Isn't God's handy work amazing? It is during those times when I see things growing and blossoming all around me and think, Wow, how can people say there is No God? I guess for me, growing up in a Christian home and witnessing all of the great things He has done in not only my life but those around me I just can't keep quiet! Isn't that after all exactly what we're NOT to do...keep quiet? The Bible says if we don't cry out the rocks will in our place! And I know for me I'm not letting rocks declare the goodness of God in my life...I am gonna shout it out loud!!!

I said to Kevin the other night as we were driving down the road, that I felt as if we're not doing enough to get toward our goal of adopting our little one from Rwanda. And he said to me, we are, it's just taking a bit longer than either of us would like it to. We're waiting for a few things to fall into place and we know God's timing if "Perfect"...after all, we've been waiting 7 1/2 years to get to this point and we firmly believe that He's going to be faithful and continue to lead us! If you all would like to pray and believe with us the two things we're mainly "praying in" right now are Health Insurance and Financial Support. As you can imagine it is not "free" to go through the adoption process. The Lord has answered a prayer in one way in that Rwanda does NOT charge for their adoptions. Some countries charge an astronomical fee for just the "privilege" of adopting a child from their country, but thankfully Rwanda just wants to see their children go to loving homes! But all of the other expenses come from the "legal stuff" so to speak and travel! In my life I always worried about "money"and just plain "worried" about things...but you know what, I would say within the past year the Lord has taught me so much about allowing "Him" to be the provider for my family! And instead of saying...Oh Lord, we just don't know how you are going to provide for us to be able to adopt, we are saying and believing (with confidence) that the Lord WILL provide! To quote my most favorite scripture from Jeremiah 29:11... "For I KNOW the plans I have for declares the Lord, plans to PROSPER and NOT HARM you, plans to give you a HOPE and a FUTURE!! God is SO amazing and His word NEVER fails!! So if you are with us and going through something right now, I just want to personally say to you...remember what the Lord has promised you! Keep your eye on that PROMISE and His word WILL NOT return VOID!! Thank you Jesus!!

So we say as Kevin and Marissa (and baby "Rwanda Coke")...."By FAITH He's already provided everything we need for this adoption"!!!

We love ALL of you who have been following us and please continue to pray with us as we continue to seek His will for our "future family"!!!

Marissa (and Kevin) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment