Saturday, April 3, 2010

And We're Off!!

Well Dear Family and Friends,

We are SOOO happy to report that we have "officially" started the process! :-D After years of waiting we took our first "GIANT" step toward parenthood and mailed our application to Mugisha Ministries (www.mugishaministries.com) yesterday! HOORAY! We cannot begin to tell you how very excited we are!!

When we are PRAYERFULLY accepted into their program we will begin to gather ALL of our vital paperwork and seek out a locally licensed Social Services office that has experience with International Adoptions. When we have found a suitable one for us we will go through the process of completing a "home-study". We're a bit nervous with all of this, but then again what do we have to worry about when the Lord is there to walk us the entire way through?!

I must admit I now find myself walking through stores with my head held a bit higher knowing that "finally" I'm well on my way to becoming a "MOMMY"!! Yeah!!!

Please keep checking back with our blog as I have a feeling we'll be having LOTS to post in the coming months!!! HOORAY!!!

Blessings,
Kevin and Marissa :-)


2 comments:

  1. Congrats! We are a Mugisha Ministries family too. Can't wait to get to know you! Good luck, it's so exciting to begin the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! We just applied to Mugisha Ministries a couple weeks ago! It will be exciting to be on approximately the same timeline!!

    ReplyDelete