Seeds....there is so much power packed in one tiny seed! Did you know that the mustard seed is the tiniest seed yet when it grows it is the fastest and biggest of them all and grows into a large tree where birds actually come and build nests?! It may be TINY but packs a HUGE punch!
We are still waiting to hear some feedback back from our contact about the one African nation we are praying into and as we are still in a "holding pattern" just out of the adoption gate so to speak, the Lord has been talking to my heart about "seeds".
I was on my daily walk last week listening to a sermon and the speaker was talking about seeds oddly enough. He talked of how the seeds we plant now will have a lasting effect for generations to come. And how the Lord may be delaying the present to have a greater impact on future generations of our family! I had never thought of that but made perfect sense to my heart and head. Last week I must admit I spent a few days wringing my hands and trying to see how " I " could move things along. A bit OCD maybe?! Yes, admittedly so. But as I was walking and listening to this sermon, the tears began to sting my eyes and roll down my cold, wind blown cheeks. I heard the Master whisper " peace be still" to my worrisome heart. He said, "do you trust me with your precious flower's seed"? WOW!! My "spiritual" answer quickly was Umm, yes Jesus of course...how silly of you to ask! BUT then my "natural, OCD, control-freak side" kicked in and after some soul searching I gave a slight, silent, gulp whispered yes. Truth be told we ALL have things and areas where Jesus needs to gently remind us that the issue is really TOTALLY in His control and He's the Master of the waves! We only need report in for our boat trip, and climb aboard, He will steer the ship!
I do not doubt for a minute that He gave me this seed analogy for nothing! He knows how much I do enjoy "nurchering" plants and flowers in my yard and watching them grow! It's calming and relaxing to me. I can see that Flower is in her incubation time underground. While we cannot physically "see" the effect of the seed that was planted we know that she's "there" and Jesus is watering her and shining the light on her. In due time she will peek her precious stem above the soil and we will see her beauty and smell her deep fragrance! She will be perfect and will be a dynamic force for Jesus!
For now, stay warm for you are being nurtured by the King of Kings! The creator of the Universe! Stinking Amazing!
No comments:
Post a Comment