Hello sweet Family and Friends,
I realize that it has been several months since I've given an update on our pursuit of Baby Girl "Flower" Coke but there has simply not been any movement.....UNTIL NOW!!
Please forgive me while I reach back and catch everyone up! In early Fall we had a "potential" match of a 9 month old baby girl, but as in the adoption world, nothing is ever "in stone" until papers are drafted! Jesus saw fit to place her in a Ugandan family's home (to which we are very thankful for). So here we were though, back at square one. At first it was somewhat frustrating, but in my heart I had a quiet peace and strength about that decision. I think the one thing I have learned (this being our second time at this) is that above all JESUS is in total CONTROL and we are just along for the ride. There is no use in wringing hands and worrying about something that "we" have no control over. After all, HE is the Master of the waves and controls and commands those very waves, right?
So I must also touch on our fundraising...which has been somewhat on a hiatus. We could just not figure out which way we wanted to flow with the fundraising and what idea would come next. But I must say, that on those days where there hadn't been "any" donations or funds coming in and everything from "overseas" had been deafening with silence, in my heart I would pray quietly..."Dear Jesus, I just need to hear from you in some form, some way, just to KNOW that YOU are STILL in this journey and that we are doing the right thing and truly HEARING from you." And I promise you that if it wasn't that VERY day or the NEXT I would go out to our mailbox and inside would be a BLESSING check with a sweet card/note attached from different people. Y'all JESUS IS IN THIS and DOES have a PLAN and PURPOSE for this sweet Ugandan Baby Girl Coke! He says to testify of His GOODNESS and I will shout it all day long that HE IS GOOD! We are going to be revealing our next Fundraiser within the next few days and let me tell you...your gonna LOVE it and have a chance to be part of a "bigger picture"!
After a CRAZY past few months with Christmas activities with the Kids Church program and some BIG Family "life changes" (a new God-timed career path for Kevin) for the past few weeks I've had this feeling in my heart that I need to get on the ball and finish all of the paperwork that we can at this time...And it is proven to be "needed"! It is with this update that we would like to ask you to pray as our Attorney Alice in Uganda and her team begin the investigation of an abandoned 3 month old baby GIRL that we just received word on THIS week! Oh my mamma heart tries sooo hard not to get too "emotionally" involved but when you lay with your 5 year old Son at night in the dark and hear his tiny, but mighty heart-felt prayers for his "baby sis" (unprompted) you DO get attached...but JESUS knows this boy's heart and KNOWS that when the timing is right...she will come!
So until then, we WAIT, WATCH and PRAY and KNOW that HE IS GOOD!
We remain CONFIDENT of this: that WE will SEE the GOODNESS of the Lord in the land of the living!!! Psalms 27:13
No comments:
Post a Comment